lovetoreadforfun

Love To Read For Fun

Finding romance, one book at a time.

My Bluegrass Baby

My Bluegrass Baby - Molly Harper My Bluegrass Baby is a funny and quirky story. I found some parts entertaining and fun. And others long, exhausting and boring.My Bluegrass Baby is the first book I've read by Molly Harper. I attempted to read her Jane Jameson series but couldn't finish book one. I was hoping that it was a fluke and reading her contemporary romance would be different. It was. I finished the book but I found myself not enjoying it that much. I had a problem with Sadie. The story is told in 1st person POV which means all we get is Sadie, Sadie and more Sadie. She rambles. She talks to much. She's pretty annoying and wanted to get out of her freaking head! There were plenty of times I wanted her to shut up. Josh is totally unlikable during the first half of the book. At one point, I was wondering if he was ever going to be redeemed. By the time he was, I could have cared less and just wanted to finish the book.Sadie and Josh did not click for me. I liked them best when they were enemies, trying to best each other. That provided some of the best moments in the story. Also, Sadie's friend and partner in crime, Kelsey, totally steals the show. The story got better when Kelsey was around.My Bluegrass Baby felt like part romance and part Kentucky Tourism. There were endless pages dedicated to Kentucky tourism that I found myself zoning out. These could have been pages dedicated to the characters! I know the main conflict centers around Josh possibly taking Sadie's dream job and them having to put together a campaign and the best one would get the position. But I felt that there was no need for there to be that much attention to detail about previous campaigns that Sadie put together. We get it. She's quirky and humorous and likes to showcase that side of her adopted home state.I felt like we never got to know Josh and why he was attracted to Sadie. We do see a more human side of him thanks to Sadie's pranks. I did not know that automatonophobia was a real thing.Even though My Bluegrass Baby didn't work for me, I'm sure fans of Molly Harper will enjoy it.