lovetoreadforfun

Love To Read For Fun

Finding romance, one book at a time.

Shades of Midnight (Midnight Breed Series #7)

Shades of Midnight - Lara Adrian Shades of Midnight is the 7th book of the Midnight Breed series. I've read all of the books in the series and have enjoyed them a lot. This book was no different. The plot centered around Kade, the newest addition to the Order. I read this book in two days. There were some parts that I skimmed over i.e. description of the Alaskan wild. I could have cared less but it was still a page turner. Kade isn't my favorite brother of the Order (I love Rio) but his story was compelling and suspenseful. The story taking place in the wilds of Alaska added to the drama. I did miss the Order and the Breedmates. I was hoping half of the story would take place in Boston but no such luck. Their comraderie is one of the reasons why I love the series so much. The love story of Kade and Alexandra was steamy and they seemed to be the perfect match. I loved that Alex was feisty and independent; sometimes it was a bit annoying but it's better than being wimpy. The plot line was consistent with what's been going on in the previous books. I appreciate that a lot. I stopped reading the BDB series because the author completely went off course from the original book. I definitely prefer this series over the Black Dagger Brotherhood series.