lovetoreadforfun

Love To Read For Fun

Finding romance, one book at a time.

The Unidentified Redhead (Redhead, #1)

The Unidentified Redhead (Redhead, #1) - Alice Clayton I love a book that has me laughing so hard that I had to continually put the book done to control my self. The Unidentified Redhead is a hilarious tale of a 33 year old wanna-be actress living with her college BFF in California. Grace had her chance at Hollywood in her 20s and she’s back for round two. Things start getting interesting when she meets her friend, Holly’s, latest client Jack. Jack is an up and coming star; the new soon to be IT boy. Jack and Grace tease each other and trade barbs back and forth when they first meet. Jack and Grace totally click. Grace is attracted to him and interested but doesn’t think about pursuing him because of the age difference. Jack has other ideas. You got love a man with an accent. Jack is British and he’s charming, funny and sexy as hell. He’s not like most 24 year olds. He knows that his star is rising but he’s not buying into the hype. He’s a normal guy who drives a beat up car and he has his eye on Grace. He finds her sexy, funny and he totally gets her. He’s not concerned about the age difference or that the timing of him getting involved with a woman may not be the best thing for his career. I have never laughed so much while reading a book. There were times when I had to cover my mouth or hold in my laughter because the dialogue and Grace’s voice was too much. The story is told from Grace’s POV and Grace is one funny chick. She says what is on her mind. She has her own insecurities and self-esteem issues but she doesn’t dwell on them. She has a great sense of humor and zeal for life that allows her to not dwell on any perceived short-comings. Grace is a woman who’s chasing her dream and having fun sexy time with a young, handsome Brit in the process. The chemistry between Jack and Grace is hot and off the charts. As well as being laugh out loud funny, The Unidentified Redhead is make you blush sexy. As many times as I had to put the book down because of the hilarity, I also had to put it down because of the super steamy sex scenes between Jack and Grace. For a contemporary romance, I wasn’t expecting the sex scenes to be so explicit and plentiful. I’m not complaining. I love my smut. But there is a such thing as too much. The one thing that did bother me was that the sex seemed to take over a large portion of the plot. I realize that Jack and Grace are in a new relationship and are in the “honeymoon” phase where all they want to do is jump each other’s bones but at one point it got to be too much and I started skimming over the smex. It also irked me that they were doing “everything but” frequently and with fervor before actually having intercourse. I was like, are you kidding me? I didn’t understand the delay in the actual having in the sex if they were actively participating in the oral. With that being said, if you want to read a hilarious and sexy romance, I definitely recommend The Unidentified Redhead. The majority of this book is sex, fun and hilarious. I laughed so much and highlighted so many of the funny passages so that I could go back and re-read them. I am so glad I decided to read this book. I love a romance that has all the elements: humor, romance and smex. Jack is definite book boyfriend material. Any man who will watch The Golden Girls with his girlfriend before going to bed is a man worth keeping.